Thank you to everyone who came, and congratulations to all the winners. Everyone seemed to have a great time, and I look forward to an even better time next year. Here are all the winners for this years 5th annual Ice Fishing Derby.
Meeteetse Visitors Center
PO Box 238 / 1947 State Street - Meeteetse, WY 82433
(307) 868-2454 firstname.lastname@example.org
Director - Meeteetse Visitor Center
The Director should have a high school diploma or the equivalent. Experience or a college degree in public relations and/or marketing is preferred. Knowledge of general office equipment, computers and their applications, some accounting, email and upkeep of a website are required. Successful experience in grant writing is beneficial. Knowledge of the Meeteetse Community and the surrounding area is desirable. The Director needs to be self-motivated, have a desire to promote Meeteetse to tourists, work with and assist Meeteetse businesses and community members.
Overview of Position
The Director position is an At-Will position and is a permanent, part-time position with seasonal full-time employment, without benefits. The Director is supervised by the Meeteetse Visitor Center (hereafter to be MVC) Board Of Directors (hereafter to be BOD) and otherwise employed under the guidelines set forth in the MVC Bylaws and Policies & Procedures Manual. The Director shall not hold any position in MVC, which is considered a conflict of interest (i.e. budget committee, personnel committee, etc.). The Director shall be responsible for all duties as are assigned by the MVC BOD and for the overall ongoing operations of the MVC but may be required to perform other functions as directed by the MVC BOD. The Director is encouraged to research and present to the BOD, fundraising or grant opportunities that would benefit the MVC and its desire to remain open throughout the year with a balanced budget. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list nor be limited as the responsibilities and duties of the Director. At the end of employment, the Director will deliver all MVC property to MVC in good condition.
- Open, close and staff the hours and days of the MVC on a schedule that was approved by the BOD.
- Welcome and assist walk-in guests to the MVC in a pleasant, informative and helpful manner.
- Receive, maintain and follow through with all forms of communication that the MVC uses including telephone, voicemail, email and postal mail.
- Set-up, maintain, inventory and stock the office of the MVC which should include but not be limited to maintenance of and archiving the files as needed.
- Maintain, update and distribute the Meeteetse Community Bulletin as a weekly publication offered to the community via the web, email and hardcopy.
- Maintain and update a list of members with current contact information and dues.
- Keep all inventories of the MVC and Gift Shop consignments up to date and in good order, giving all consignors an inventory of sales with a monthly statement and payment which should be submitted to the BOD at the monthly meeting.
- Create, maintain, distribute and keep a record of all packets requested for tourism, business and relocation as well as a record of all persons who walk-into the MVC defined if they are a local or a tourist.
- Attend Board Meetings that the BOD request and be fully prepared to present new and existing advertising issues, donation requests, participation requests and other info vital to the operation of the MVC.
- Keep record of and present a Director’s Report to the BOD at each month’s board meeting that should include but not be limited to the amount of Walk-Ins and various packets sent out, Gift Shop sales with the gross amount sold and net amount to both the consignor and MVC, ORV permit sales and all events attended by the Director for the MVC with expenses reports and information received from said events.
- Create, distribute and present the monthly meeting agenda, list of bills to be paid with checks ready to be signed and all presentations needed for the BOD to approve, for each monthly Board Meeting.
- Research, prepare and submit grant requests, both new and ongoing, and possible events for the MVC to do in the future, to the BOD. Follow through with submitted requests and their status. Assist BOD Treasurer with annual grant requests and budget information.
- Maintain the MVC website with up-to-date information.
- Keep a positive communication and contact with the Meeteetse community and businesses and assist them in their endeavors for the good of the community.
Please read and initial the following:
MVC Policies & Procedures and job descriptions are a general guide only and the provisions do not constitute an employment contract or alter the status of “At-Will” employees.
No supervisor, manager or individual director has the authority to make oral promises or contracts with regard to employment or MVC Policies & Procedures and employers should not rely upon any representations concerning employment status, which are inconsistent with any position of an At-Will employee.
MVC reserves the right to unilaterally retract, revoke or change the provisions of its policies and procedures and job descriptions.
Employees can be terminated at anytime for any reason or no reason at all.
Visitor Center Hours
Starting Jan. 17th - Feb. 29th
Tues. - Sat 9:30-5:00
Closed for lunch 12-12:30